Good Morning Knights!
IT’S A GREAT DAY TO BE A KNIGHT!
Attention all bike riders, Bicycle Rules will be strictly enforced, please ensure that you are following the rules of the road and wearing your helmets at all times.
Attention 8th graders, Time is running out.
Get your permission slip in for the UCLA vs Washington football game on Saturday October 6th.
Remember you need a signed permission slip from your parents and the Teacher approval form needs to be completely filled out by all your teachers.
Turn forms in to Mr. Hayes or Ms. Blask.
We’re all works in progress. On September 26, 2018, join millions of people around the globe for the fifth annual Character Day — a global initiative where school districts, organizations, families, and congregations of all sizes screen films on the science of character development from different perspectives, dive into free printed discussion materials catered to different ages, around the importance of developing character strengths. So Knights, what will matter? How will your life be measured? By your resilience, your trustworthiness, your empathy, your courage, your kindness.
Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Watch your words, for they become actions. Watch your actions, for they become habits. Watch your habits, for they become character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.
10 Daily Practices to Strengthen Character
- Every night before bed, think of three moments or people you are grateful for. #Gratitude
- Identify your top three strengths and find ways to bring them into your life in new ways. #Character
- Identify one strength you want to develop and make a list of practices you can do each day to strengthen it. #Perspective #Perseverance
- Think of people you see every day but don’t know personally — find out their name and something about them. Put yourself in someone else’s shoes. #Empathy #Curiosity
- Next time you’re in a group setting, if you’re a shy person, try to raise your hand or speak first; if you’re a vocal person, let others speak first. #Humility #Courage
- Recognize character strengths in others and compliment them regularly. #gratitude #Perspective #Empathy
- Think of one of your heroes and identify the strengths you admire in them #Leadership
- If you have an email that is stressing you out, sleep on it before you send #Self-control
- Recognize teachable moments in real life and on screen and identify what strengths they exercise. #SocialIntelligence
- Ask people for permission to post (PTP) before sharing their photo online. #Kindness #Self-Control
Each year, Americans observe National Hispanic Heritage Month from September 15 to October 15, by celebrating the histories, cultures and contributions of American citizens whose ancestors came from Spain, Mexico, the Caribbean and Central and South America.
The observation started in 1968 as Hispanic Heritage Week under President Lyndon Johnson and was expanded by President Ronald Reagan in 1988 to cover a 30-day period starting on September 15 and ending on October 15.
It was enacted into law on August 17, 1988.
Coming up this week at Landmark Middle School...
MONDAY: A-G Survey
WEDNESDAY: COLLEGE SPIRIT SHIRT DAY!
CHARACTER DAY 2018!!
PSAT Presentations 8th grade Science classes
*FLEX DAY dismissal @ 12:56pm
THURSDAY: Counselor in the Quad/both lunches
FRIDAY: Landmark SPIRIT Shirt Day! Wear your HONOR shirt !
Pizza with the Principal @ Shakey's 10-12pm
September Student of the Month! Congrats KNIGHTS
University of Hawaii, Manoa
Founded in 1907, the University of Hawaii at Manoa is the oldest campus of the University of Hawaii system. It is located on the island of Oahu.
It houses about 20, 000 students earning undergraduate and graduate degrees. The University has over 200 clubs and organizations and is Division 1 in athletics.
MAJORof the MONTH:
Jobs in the field of Business:
Chief Financial Official(CEO)
Internal Audit Director
Director of Finance
Manager of Accounting & Financial Reporting
Chief Accounting Official(CAO)
Human Resources manager
Financial Reporting Manager
Colleges the specialize in BUSINESS:
Harvard Business School
Stanford Graduate School of Business
NYU Stern School of Business
UCLA Anderson School of Management
Kelley School of Business
USC Marshall School of Business
Columbia Business School
Johnson Graduate School of Management
Georgetown University McDonough School of business
iSocial Skill of the Month- SEPTEMBER
- Look at the person
- Remember that eye contact shows respect and it communicates confidence.
- Say, “Okay.”
- By saying, “Okay,” you communicate understanding. It doesn’t necessarily mean that you agree though.
- Do what you’ve been asked right away.
- ”Right away” means within a few seconds after hearing the instruction.
- Complete the entire task
- Do the task accurately…better to do it right the first time, then to have to re-do it.
- Check back.
- ”Checking back” may be necessary if you are given an instruction from someone who cannot observe you complete the task.
To be successful, you need to know how to follow instructions. Knowing how to follow instructions may have some benefits:
- You can finish tasks sooner, allowing you more time for other activities.
- Parents and teachers will praise you more and be happier about your effort.
- You will develop a reputation for being responsible and mature.
- You will learn new skills, which may open up more opportunities and promotions.
- You will be contributing in a positive manner, which can boost your self confidence
Remember each day of the week we focus on a different School Wide Expectation “The Code of Honor”